All About Stevia
Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana)
Sugar is the most preferred sweetener for coffee, tea and other beverages, not to mention its function for baking some of the world’s most in-demand desserts. However, sugar also has harmful effects on human health. This is why here at NatriSweet, we thought of a safer and more natural way to counter these impacts and provide a healthy option for dessert lovers and coffee drinkers alike.
NatriSweet is the best-tasting zero-calorie, zero-carb, non-glycemic response, natural sweetener available in the U.S. market today. Its uses are endless, from baking mouth-watering cakes to adding sweetness to your daily drinks. One of the ingredients used in our products – and also the main component – is Stevia.
What’s So Special About Stevia?
Stevia is a 100 percent natural alternative to sugar and artificial sweeteners. Found in the leaves of the Stevia Rebaudiana Bertoni plant, it has been used for centuries in South America, and now the secret of this deliciously sweet herb has spread to the rest of the world. Here at NatriSweet, we use Stevia that is non-GMO and has been grown, processed and extracted without the use of chemicals, solvents or enzymes at any time. NatriSweet Stevia is natural from plant to liquid.
Significantly sweeter than sugar, stevia is used in a variety of recipes, from sweets, baked goods, and beverages to savory sauces, marinades, dressings and main dishes, making it the healthy sugar substitute.
Sugar is the most widely used sweetener but because of the health risks associated with it, including heart disease, diabetes and even cancer, consumers have searched for an alternative way to still enjoy their daily cravings. Stevia is different from sugar in many ways, with studies revealing that it helps regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels, making it the best choice for people with diabetes and disorders related to metabolic syndrome.
Why Is It In Our Sweeteners?
If there’s a sweetener to match what kitchen sugar can bring into recipes, it has to be Stevia. It has various health benefits aside from just minimizing risks from too much sugar intake. It helps manage blood sugar levels by improving insulin function, which also aids patients diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
Stevia sweetener aids in losing or managing weight as it contains no calories and no carbohydrates. Our products make use of high concentrations of Stevia so they are completely free of artificial sweeteners like aspartame, acesulfame, and sucralose. These artificial sweeteners are made of chemicals and are suspected of promoting serious health disorders.
NatriSweet Products That Contain Stevia
- NatriSweet Original Stevia Liquid Drops
- NatriSweet Caramel Stevia Liquid Drops
- NatriSweet Chocolate Stevia Liquid Drops
- NatriSweet Toffee Stevia Liquid Drops
- NatriSweet Vanilla Stevia Liquid Drops
- NatriSweet Pure Stevia Powder
Facts You Didn’t Know About Stevia
- Today, Stevia is part of the U.S. sugar substitute market. This industry is estimated to be worth more than $13 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach almost $17 billion by 2020, according to research firm Markets and Markets.
- The Stevia plant is naturally harvested in Paraguay and Brazil. The Guarani people of Latin America refer to Stevia as “ka’a he’ê,” meaning “sweet herb,” mixing it with their native tea and medicines. It has been used in the region for more than 1,000 years.
- Many well-known soda brands such as Coca-Cola and Pepsi have used Stevia extract along with sugar cane in their products.