3 Easy Quarantine Recipes to Impress Your Kids
Are you running out of ideas on how to make your kids eat healthy during quarantine? Here are some easy recipes that will get them hooked in no time!
Chicken Fingers and Green Beans
- 8 chicken breast tenders or nuggets
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs (panko)
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 oz parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 oz fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp canola mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp tahini
- Cooking spray
- ½ tsp lemon rind, grated
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat broiler to high. Place rack 6 inches from heat.
- Coat chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in one bowl.
- Place eggs in another bowl.
- Mix breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and lemon rind in another bowl.
- Dredge chicken in flour. Shake off excess.
- Dip chicken in the second bowl.
- Dredge in the breadcrumbs mixture. Press lightly to adhere.
- Coat tenders with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 minutes per side.
- Place beans on a jelly-roll pan.
- Coat beans with cooking spray.
- Broil them for 5-6 minutes, turning them midway through.
- Coat with 1 tbsp of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice with ketchup, mayonnaise, and tahini. Use as a dip for serving.
Double-Chocolate Cereal Treats
- 3 cups whole-grain cereal
- ½ cup of chocolate chips (semisweet)
- 2 cups marshmallows, small
- 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1 tbsp cocoa, unsweetened
- ⅛ tsp salt
- Cooking spray
- 1-2 drops NatriSweet Stevia Liquid Drops, Vanilla
- Mix marshmallows, butter, cocoa, salt, and stevia drops in a bowl.
- Microwave at High for 1 minute.
- Let it cool outside the microwave, stirring using a rubber spatula.
- Add cereal and chocolate chips.
- Coat a measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray. Pack the cup with the cereal mix.
- Arrange the mix onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze the cookies for 8 minutes.
Bananas Foster Parfaits
- 2 bananas, ripe
- ⅔ tsp NatriSweet Stevia Powder
- 1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 2 tbsp apple juice, unsweetened
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped, toasted
- 2 cups plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp salt
- Peel bananas. Chop in half, lengthwise. Slice each half into three parts.
- Mix stevia with the butter, salt, and apple juice in a nonstick pan.
- Cook for 3 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add bananas. Cook until soft (about 2 minutes).
- Scoop ½ cup yogurt into the bottom of your parfait glass.
- Transfer the banana mixture to the glass.
- Top with 1 tbsp of pecans.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Looking for more quarantine cooking tips and recipes? Check out our previous posts: